Each “session” on PMRS will focus on specific topics. This is a “Call for Proposals” for such topics.
All you need is two or three Session Leaders – preferably recognised experts in the field – to kick off a session by writing introductory posts – either individually or together – setting out the issues as they see them. (Posts are usually best kept to about 750 words, but there’s no limit. But remember: too short and they probably won’t say enough – too long and less people will read them).
Please send proposals to me (email@example.com) with:
- a brief summary of the proposed Session;
- who will be the Session leaders;
- when you’d preferably like it to start (and end if you want)?
Specific Sessions I already have in mind (but I’m happy for others to run with) are:
- Coping with the Crisis – how are governments coping with the impact of the global financial crisis and subsequent fiscal crisis in many countries?
- Performance – what has been the specific impact on “government by performance” of the crisis?
- Transitions: Democratic Public Administration – in the light of the ‘Arab Spring’, what do we know about transitions to democracy and public administration?